I cannot remember where I purchase this photo. It is from the Andrew Horne studio of Plainville, Kansas. Plainville is in Rook County.
On the front in pencil is "Hannah Shores[,] Aunt Maria's daughter." On the back in pencil is "This is for Frank. Hannah & Dessie. Silvanus's oldest child."
Hannah Shores and Dessie.
I was unsure if Shores was Hannah's maiden name or married name. I was unsure if Dessie was her child. Also unsure who Silvanus was- was he her husband?
I search Rooks County for Shores. Nothing. I broadened by search looking for a Hannah with a mother Maria in Kansas. Didn't find her.
I ended up searching Public Trees for a Hannah married to a Shores with a mother Maria. This was successful, especially since the person had a cropped version of the photo.
Hannah Porter was born on 8 December 1869 in Highland County, Ohio, daughter of Powell Byrd Porter and Mariah Jane Custer. She was married to William Shores. She died in 1944. She was buried in Burr Oak Cemetery in Burr Oak, Jewell County, Kansas.
Dessie was born on 12 October 1888 at Oronoque, Norton County, Kansas, the daughter of Silvanus Garmon Porter and Anna Amanda Stewart. She was married to Mr. Baber. She died on 19 January 1958 in Jourdanton, Atascosa County, Texas, She is buried in Pleasanton, Atascosa County, Texas.

Comments
Post a Comment